- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Fantastic local opportunity
- Based in Wetherill Park
Who you’ll be working with…
HVTC Sydney is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your apprenticeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with a reputable Host Employer, Quality Handling Systems located in Wetherill Park. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you’ll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III Engineering Mechanical through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer Quality Handling Systems in Wetherill Park.
Applications are welcome from candidates currently undertaking an apprenticeship at 2nd, 3rd or 4th year level.
Quality Handling Systems Pty Ltd (QHS) specialises in the design and manufacture of Mechanical Sampling Systems. QHS is based in Sydney, Australia and supplies equipment throughout Australia and overseas.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to perform the following tasks:
- Fitting and machining of hydraulic components, operating saws, mills, lathes and guillotines
- Design, assembly, manufacture, installation, modification, testing, fault finding, maintenance and service of all mechanical equipment
- Use of computer controlled machine tools
What you’ll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you'll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to both on and off the job training
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Some knowledge and understanding of mechanical/fitter/machinist trades
- Awareness of WHS in the workplace
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- WHS Construction Induction (Whitecard)
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Rebecca Sparks on 02 4271 7051.
Applications close 6th March 2020
As a recognised 2019 Diversity Champion HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.