- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification
- School leavers encouraged to apply
- Located in Freemans Reach
Who you’ll be working with…
HVTC Sydney is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your apprenticeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with a reputable Host Employer, located in Freemans Reach. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you’ll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III Engineering Mechanical over 4 years through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer, Preferred Engineering, located in Freemans Reach.
Preferred Engineering design and project manage industrial automation projects, from special purpose machinery, through to turnkey industrial process and packaging systems.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to perform the following tasks:
- Operate saws, mills, lathes, guillotines and benders
- Use angle grinders, drills, linishers, measuring equipment and general hand tools
- Dismantle and assemble machinery and equipment
- Fabricate parts with welding equipment
- Assist with site fit outs and installations
What you’ll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you'll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Some knowledge and understanding of mechanical/fitter/machinist trades
- Awareness of WHS in the workplace
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Current manual P1 or above drivers licence
- WHS Construction Induction (Whitecard)
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Sharon Bushby on 02 4932 4222.
Applications close 24th November 2019
HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds,
women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.