- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Immediate Commencement
- Located in Canberra
Who you'll be working with…
HVTC Southern Tablelands is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you'll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with a local host employer. We'll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you'll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate IV Information Technology - Networking over 24 months through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with a local Host Employer.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- On-site phone and email technical support to clients (internal and external)
- Assist in building and configuring computers for deployment
- Assist in deployment /site hardware refresh projects
- Diagnosis of computer system problems and major computer system component replacement
- Other duties that are in within the limits of the employees skills, competence and training
What you'll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Ability to commence immediately
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude in IT
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to safety, quality and principles of continuous improvement
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to the full term of the apprenticeship (24 months)
It will also help if you have a:
- Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
- NSW National Police Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Drivers License (Provisional accepted)
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application.
Please apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
To ensure your application is considered, please ensure you submit a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We’ll also contact your references if you progress through these recruitment stages. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Rebecca Sparks on 02 4271 7051.
Applications close 19th November 2019
As a recognised 2019 Diversity Champion HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.