- Kick start your career!
- Exciting automotive industry opportunity!
- Located in Quirindi
Who you'll be working with…
HVTC North West is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you'll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with our Host Employer. We'll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you'll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate II Automotive Tyre Servicing over 12 months through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Fit and change tyres
- Repair tyres
- Use tyre changing machinery
- Use air-operated tools
- Forklift operation
- Tyre balancing machine operation
What you'll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you'll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Genuine interest and passion for the automotive trade
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to both on and off the job training
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong commitment to workplace health & safety
- Reliable and hard-working
- Drivers licence essential
- OH & S Induction Certificate (Whitecard)
- Forklift licence will be desirable
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the 'Apply for this job' button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kiara Nicoll on (02) 4932 4222.
Applications close Wednesday 27th November 2019
HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.