- January 2020 commencement
- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Located in Unanderra
Who you'll be working with…
HVTC Illawarra is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your apprenticeship, you'll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with a local host employer. We'll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you'll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III Fabrication over 48 months through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Perform manual heating and thermal cutting
- Apply fabrication, forming and shaping techniques
- Assemble fabricated components
- Perform routine manual metal arc welding
What you'll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Ability to commence in January 2020
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude in the industry
- Physically fit to perform manual tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to safety, quality and principles of continuous improvement
- WHS Construction Induction (White Card) or willing to obtain
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to the full term of the apprenticeship (48 months)
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application.
Please apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
To ensure your application is considered, please ensure you submit a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We’ll also contact your references if you progress through these recruitment stages. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Rebecca Sparks on 02 4271 7051.
Applications close 20th November 2019
HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.