- Exciting traineeship opportunity!
- Hosted by Northern Beaches Council
- Located in Manly
Who you'll be working with…
HVTC Sydney is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you'll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with a Host Employer, Northern Beaches Council.
During your traineeship we'll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you'll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III Business over 12 months through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Monitoring, cleaning, documenting, purchasing tasks
- Basic administration tasks
- Site visits and completion of WHS inspection checklists
- Ensuring work spaces are safe, clean and well maintained
What you'll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you'll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated passion for this opportunity
- Commitment to both on and off the job training
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work safely and follow instructions
- Strong customer service focus
- Great computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management, attention to detail, planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and an understanding of the community sector needs
It will also help if you have:
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Working with Children’s Check (or willingness to obtain)
- National Police Check (or willingness to obtain)
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application
Please apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
To ensure your application is considered, please ensure you submit a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We’ll also contact your references if you progress through these recruitment stages. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Sarah Sattler on 02 4932 4222.
Applications close Sunday 1st December 2019.
HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.