- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Hosted with Georges River Council
- School leavers encouraged to apply
Who you'll be working with…
HVTC Sydney is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you'll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with a Host Employer, Georges River Council located in Penshurst & Beverely Hills.
During your traineeship we'll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you'll be doing…
You will complete Certificate III Early Childhood Education over 12 months (full time) through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
• Provide care of children from six weeks to six years old
• Host group activities (stories & song)
• Ensure children are always in a clean and healthy environment
• Supervise the hygiene of children by assisting them with toilet breaks, changing nappies etc.
• Develop positive and respectful relationships with children and parents
• Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
• Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
What you'll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you'll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- The ability to commence immediately (Beverely Hills) or in January 2020 (Penshurst)
- Passion for working with children
- Strong customer service focus
- Time management, attention to detail, planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge
- Be 18 years of age or older (on commencement of employment in Oct 2019)
If will also help if you have:
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Working with Children’s Check (or willingness to obtain)
- National Police Check (or willingness to obtain)
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application
Please apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
To ensure your application is considered, please ensure you submit a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We’ll also contact your references if you progress through these recruitment stages. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Rebecca Sparks on 02 4271 7051.
Applications close 17th November 2019.
As a recognised 2019 Diversity Champion HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.