- January 2020 commencement
- Manildra Group Opportunity
- Based in Bomaderry
Who you'll be working with…
HVTC Shoalhaven is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your apprenticeship, you'll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with Host Employer Manildra Group, located in Bomaderry.
So what are you waiting for?
What you'll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III Engineering Mechanical over 4 years through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- General and preventative mechanical maintenance
- Mark out jobs, set up machines, prepare materials, tools and fixtures for machining
- Use a variety of workshop machines, such as lathes, mills and grinders
- Repair motors, pumps and bearings
- Carry out other duties that are within the limits of apprentice skills, competence and ability as required by Manildra Group
What you'll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Ability to commence Apprenticeship in January 2020
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Commitment to full term of the apprenticeship and study requirements
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated interested/passion in the trade
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ongoing commitment to safety, quality and principles of continuous improvement
- Strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude
It will also help if you have:
- A current driver’s licence (provisional licence accepted)
- Access to reliable transport
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application.
Please apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
To ensure your application is considered, please ensure you submit a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We’ll also contact your references if you progress through these recruitment stages. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Rebecca Sparks on 02 4271 7051.
Applications close 3rd December 2019
As a recognised 2019 Diversity Champion HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.