- Immediate Start
- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Work with a leading industry company
Who you’ll be working with…
HVTC Illawarra is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with Host Employer KJ Scaffolding. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you’ll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III Scaffolding over 2 years through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Plan, build and erect scaffolding and working platforms for construction projects
- Check and maintain scaffolding equipment, inspect scaffold structures for safety
- Dismantling scaffold when the job is completed
What you’ll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have the following:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Commitment to full term of the traineeship and study requirements
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated confidence in working at heights
- Have the physical ability to undertake the physical nature of the role
- Strong ability to plan work and effective time management
- WHS Construction White Card (or willing to obtain)
- Current driver licence/ or willing to obtain within first 6 months (provisional licence accepted)
- Access to reliable transport
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Sarah Sattler on 02 4932 4222.
Applications close 4th December 2019
As a recognised 2019 Diversity Champion HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.