- Great traineeship opportunity in the Fire Industry!
- Hosted by Firestorm Fire Protection
- Located in Rutherford
Who you’ll be working with…
HVTC Hunter is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with Host Employer, Firestorm Fire Protection. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you’ll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate II Engineering over 1 year through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer.
Additional Fire Industry related subjects may be completed during the traineeship. A Statement of Attainment will be supplied for successfully completed subjects.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Carry out testing of fire equipment including; fire extinguishers, blankets, hose reels and hydrants
- Use hand tools on the job
- Use technical equipment and iPad's
- Interract with clients and end users
What you’ll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have the following:
- Commitment to full term of the traineeship and study requirements
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Punctual and honest work ethic
- WHS Construction White Card (or willing to obtain)
- Current P1 or above drivers licence
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kiara Nicoll on 02 4932 4222.
Applications close 4th December 2019
As a recognised 2019 Diversity Champion HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.