- Kickstart your Customer Service career with Service NSW!
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Located in Grafton
Service NSW are seeking passionate and customer-focused applicants to undertake Digital Service Representative Traineeships in their Grafton office.
Who you'll be working with...
About Service NSW
Service NSW is an award-winning NSW government initiative delivering improved one-stop services for government customers. Service NSW has been shaped by our customers - who want easier and more online access to government services and a single point of contact.
Service NSW delivers more than 800 transactions - including driver licences, birth certificates, Seniors Cards and Fair Trading licences through one digital service, one phone number and a network of one-stop shops.
HVTC North Coast is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with Host Employer, Service NSW. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you'll be doing...
Service NSW is a customer focused organisation, passionate about delivering a great customer experience, every day in every way. Their mission is to simplify the way customers do business with government and to transform their customers' experience through excellent service and quality at an optimal cost to serve.
You will complete a Certificate III Customer Engagement over 12 months through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Service NSW.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide and deliver services in a timely, accurate and efficient manner, consistent with Service NSW vision, mission and values
- Undertake administrative work to support the provision of service delivery as required
- Persuade, assist and educate customers to transact online using relevant technology
- Make effective use of records, information and knowledge management functions and systems
- Refer customers to the appropriate channels of service by understanding a variety of policies and procedures
What you'll bring to the table...
- Ability to provide high quality customer service in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to full term of the traineeship and study requirements
- Intermediate experience using technology (computers/telephones/software packages)
- Strong time management with ability to prioritise duties and multitask
- Confidence to handle challenging situations and resolve enquires in a calm and focused manner
- Flexible and adaptable during times of change to contribute to the team's strategic goals
- Successfully pass a National Police Check
What to do next...
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Sharon Bushby on 02 4932 4222.
Applications close 4th December 2019
HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.