- January 2020 Commencement
- Earn and learn whilst working towards a career
- Located in Wollongong
Who you'll be working with…
HVTC Illawarra is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your apprenticeship, you'll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with a Host Employer Arrow Electrical Services.
During your apprenticeship we'll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you'll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III Electrical Machine Repair over 4 years through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in electrical machine repair work and competency development activities
- Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components
- Solve problems in d.c. circuits
- Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment
- Use drawings, diagrams, schedules, standards, codes and specification
What you'll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you'll need to meet the following selection criteria:
- Ability to commence Apprenticeship in February 2020
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Commitment to full term of the apprenticeship and study requirements
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated interested/passion in the trade
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ongoing commitment to safety, quality and principles of continuous improvement
- Strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude
It will also help if you have:
- A current drivers licence (provisional licence accepted)
- Access to reliable transport
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application.
Please apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
To ensure your application is considered, please ensure you submit a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We’ll also contact your references if you progress through these recruitment stages. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Rebecca Sparks on 02 4271 7051.
Applications close 25th November 2019.
HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.