- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Hosted by Warrumbungle Shire Council
- Located in Coonabarabran
Who you’ll be working with…
HVTC North West is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you’ll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with Host Employer Warrumbungle Shire Council. We’ll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So what are you waiting for?
What you’ll be doing…
You will complete a Cert III in Early Childhood Education and Care over 12 months through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of childcare service delivery including;
- Observation and supervision
- Kitchen duties
What you’ll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have the following:
- Genuine interest in child care and early education
- Ability to relate well with children
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to both on and off the job training
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- An honest and reliable work ethic
- Willingness to undertake a Working with Children Check
- Willingness to undertake a National NSW Police Check
- P1 drivers licence or higher
What to do next
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the bottom of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kiara Nicoll on 02 4932 4222.
Applications close 9th March 2020
HVTC has been granted an S126 Exemption to sections eight (8) and fifty-one (51) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW); this allows us to advertise and recruit this role exclusively to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.